Tuesday 27 December 2011

Pizza Scrones - (A good way of using up leftover ham)


I made what I called pizza rolls one day and my daughters friend immediately christened these as pizza scrones as she said that they were a cross between a scone and a roll.  They have been called scrones ever since in our house. Here's how they are made.

Either make or purchase a pizza dough.  Roll it our into a rough rectangle and spread with pizza toppings.  After christmas I use ham and cheese as I usually have so much ham left over.


 Roll up along the long edge to make a large sausage rather like a swiss roll.  Cut in to inch slices.

Place cut side up in a lamington or baking dish lined with paper.  Bake in 200 oC oven for 10 to 15 minutes  or until golden.  I have used different fillings and you can experiment if you like.  Some of the other ideas are vegemite and cheese, pesto and goats cheese.


No comments:

Post a Comment