Sunday 18 March 2012

Watermelon, Feta, Black Olive and Lime Salad


When I first saw this salad I thought it was the weirdest combination of ingredients and I would never work.  It was such an odd combination I just had to try it to see what it was like.  It worked so well with the combination of the sweet watermelon and salty feta and olives and the sour lime juice and it has been a regular salad at our bbq's ever since.

Ingredients
1 red onion sliced thinly
juice of two limes
Watermelon chopped into cubes
150g crumbed feta (I like the creamy danish feta)
1/4 cup pitted kalamatta olives

Place the onion and lime juice in a non reactive bowl and set aside for 5 mins.

Place the other ingredients into a salad bowl, and pour over the onion and juice.  Gently mix the salad.

No comments:

Post a Comment