Tuesday 7 February 2012

My Mum's Famous Hamburgers


As a child, this was undoubtedly my favourite meal and today it is one of the meals that my children request on a weekly basis.  My Mum served them as a rissole but my children like them served as a proper hamburger.  They are also pretty good cold the next day and the are so easy. 

Ingredients
500g minced beef
1 - 1 1/2 cups fresh bread crumbs
1/4 cup tomato ketchup
1 egg

salad
bread rolls
bacon (optional)
egg (optional)

Mix the first four ingredients together.  Using a small handful shape into patties.  Refrigerate for half an hour.  Cook until firm and nicely brown.  Serve with your favourite salad ingredients in a bun.  My kids like them served with my homemade mayonnaise and ketchup.  My husband likes them served with mayonnaise and my homemade tomato relish.

No comments:

Post a Comment